Best Tattoo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eye eye...post some work

4 posters

Go down

Eye eye...post some work Empty Eye eye...post some work

Post by Whippet Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:16 pm

Still tinkering and pushing my lining...consistency is an illusive thing right now Sad

Really went for speed on this one, all done in 40 minutes, which is quick for me.

HELP: A few 'stray' lines and i'm struggling to connect two lines at sharp points, like the ends of leaves. Any suggestions on this? Do people try to line the ends of leaves in one pass, looping round quickly, or end one line and then bring a new line up to it, or away from it?

Eye eye...post some work Eye_ro10

Also, how about posting more visual work, sketches, practise and the real stuff? I know we have some full-time tattooists on here but since Kneehigh vanished we see very little work being posted. So in the politest way possible, lets get posting visual stuff.
Whippet
Whippet

Back to top Go down

Eye eye...post some work Empty Re: Eye eye...post some work

Post by Ketchup Kid Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:26 pm

thats awesome work on rubber. you really doing kick ing ass at practice medium. skin is easier i say, you already know.

just look at tatttoos of people on the street the line problems you have now is typical, . only true masters can have the skill to make everything perfect. it takes time for that kind of mastery.

maybe they can join two lines where they end. i wouldn't try that, that's the most difficult and risky i say.

good ol mihai....
Ketchup Kid
Ketchup Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by FadedInk Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:19 pm

I was taught to do things like tips of leaves and feathers in one stroke, as much as possible. If you use two strokes to make the point, odds are too good of either having a gap where they should meet or a crossed line.

With more than one stroke, even if it looks right when you just finished it, it may still heal out to be an open end or a crossed end, where you meant it to be a clean point. It will depend on the angle you had the tube at and how deep you actually went, which you'll only know for sure after it heals. The problem with any practice material is that it can't show how it will look when it heals.

FadedInk

Back to top Go down

Post by Whippet Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:59 am

Thanks Faded, as I suspected but confidence (lack of) has pushed me towards two lines. I'll work on the single pass method.

Yeah the practise medium can do many things but not heal, though colours perceptably fade as they dry...like overnight. I also find the rubber stuff really tough and i'm definitely having to put downward pressure on the tip rather than let the machine weight and needle action pull it in. My machines are tuned to hit real hard to compensate as much as I can. Couple of cheap rotaries I have seem better on this material as the deceleration of the needle is lessened with the constant down force from the cam.

Looking forward to live flesh tongue
Whippet
Whippet

Back to top Go down

Post by tyler300888 Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:09 am

Thats really good work Whippet for fake skin, i hate the stuff lol and really struggle using it.
with leaves i connect the lines at the point, not sure if its a habbit or confidence issue though.
tyler300888
tyler300888

Back to top Go down

Post by Whippet Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:42 am

For me its confidence, but i'm working on it. When I can line in one it looks better, perhaps with the exception of lotus blossom petals...they look fucked up if I go straight round   Shocked  

I'm practising every day and have been for around 4 months, it's making a huge difference to my understanding and control over the machines. Currently waiting for the EH to contact me with an inspection date, then (hopefully) back on real skin. Can't wait!!
Whippet
Whippet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Kid Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:14 pm

tyler300888 wrote:Thats really good work Whippet for fake skin, i hate the stuff lol and really struggle using it.
with leaves i connect the lines at the point, not sure if its a habbit or confidence issue though.

i think the look in sharp corners is best if joined at endpoint. but under normal conditions 1-2 out of 8 i will not be able to join perfectly. when i'm %100 i may then consider doing that method.

i've crossed lines, that is the worst.
Ketchup Kid
Ketchup Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down