Last week and wip

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Last week and wip

Post by GM74 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:06 pm

Aw shucks how to upload images???

GM74

Posts : 25
Join date : 2016-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Classic view required for uploading

Post by GM74 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:12 am

Here's some to critique

GM74

Posts : 25
Join date : 2016-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Last week and wip

Post by head on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:33 pm

you're lines aint the best and you aint coloured right upto the line in places,thats where a small rs comes in handy....your black don't look solid either...what black are you using as it looks a bit blue
avatar
head

Posts : 202
Join date : 2016-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Last week and wip

Post by GM74 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:02 am

It's dynamic first time using it. Yes there are holidays and some gaps it's 2 hrs into an 8hr piece but buddy couldn't sit past that wouldn't even let me finish the last fin in the orcas. It's supposed to be full color water background and my thoughts were I should run some light greens and teals over the black holidays to show some reflection so I wasn't completely worried about saturation but yes agreed if I wanted solid I failed miserably. I have to say I like the dynamic though the bluness is probably from my phone flash but I'll post up second session soon its been a few weeks so I'm ready for another go soon. This is actually a bad example of decent work but when it's done it'll be much more presentable. I haven't scuttled any line work yet either... Thanks for the feedback.

GM74

Posts : 25
Join date : 2016-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Last week and wip

Post by Ketchup Kid on Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:54 am

I think it's apoor the design. the orcas do not look right, there is a gaping emptiness in the middle, unless it's intentional, it looks like it wants to be a composition but it is a bad one.

you should consider revise design if you gonna pull this off.
avatar
Ketchup Kid

Posts : 301
Join date : 2016-05-04
Age : 37
Location : Southern West Coast U.S.A. 818/213

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Last week and wip

Post by head on Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:29 am

GM74 wrote:It's dynamic first time using it.  Yes there are holidays and some gaps it's 2 hrs into an 8hr piece but buddy couldn't sit past that wouldn't even let me finish the last fin in the orcas.  It's supposed to be full color water background and my thoughts were I should run some light greens and teals over the black holidays to show some reflection so I wasn't completely worried about saturation but yes agreed if I wanted solid I failed miserably.  I have to say I like the dynamic though the bluness is probably from my phone flash but I'll post up second session soon its been a few weeks so I'm ready for another go soon.  This is actually a bad example of decent work but when it's done it'll be much more presentable.  I haven't scuttled any line work yet either...  Thanks for the feedback.
dynamic should still be darker then what it is even with the flash....running light colours over the black aint gonna work as you aint left enough skin for the the lighter colours also the light colours aint gonna show over the black as its well black..lol...you say you aint scuttled any line work,you're line work should still be solid before sculling...i don't get the whole bad example of decent work thing ( unless you done a bad example of decent work.lol)..ifs its bad its bad or if its decent its decent simple...as said many times before cameras don't lie
avatar
head

Posts : 202
Join date : 2016-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Last week and wip

Post by Ketchup Kid on Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:26 pm

head wrote:
GM74 wrote:
as said many times before cameras don't lie

cameras are confirmed, verified compulsive liars, they admit it.

you've said that before and i have to totally disagree. there are too many points i don't know where to start...for one, take photoshop.

i think its more like, you can't trust the photos.

if you are building your portfolio, you're gonna wanna take a pic that makes it look best, maybe try to obscure any weaknesses. you may take ten pictures and choose the best one.

+more examples including taking 100 pics to pick the best for your facebook


Last edited by reset818 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Ketchup Kid

Posts : 301
Join date : 2016-05-04
Age : 37
Location : Southern West Coast U.S.A. 818/213

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Last week and wip

Post by GM74 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:30 pm

Great feedback guys thanks and yes there is a shipwrecked in the abyss in the middle, I just can't wait to hear the comments on the finished product lol maybe I've put up something at 20% completion in my vision but appreciate all the feedback.

GM74

Posts : 25
Join date : 2016-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Last week and wip

Post by head on Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:38 pm

reset818 wrote:
head wrote:
GM74 wrote:
as said many times before cameras don't lie

cameras are confirmed, verified compulsive liars, they admit it.

you've said that before and i have to totally disagree. there are too many points i don't know where to start...for one, take photoshop.

i think its more like, you can't trust the photos.

if you are building your portfolio, you're gonna wanna take a pic that makes it look best, maybe try to obscure any weaknesses. you may take ten pictures and choose the best one.
if you need to photoshop your tattoo to make it look  better then there must be flaws in it to start with...

if your building your portfolio then yes you may need to take a 100 photos to get the best 1 then do that..DO NOT USE PHOTOSHOP TO INHANCE THE TATTOO AS THEN YOU ARE DECEIVING THE POTENTIAL CLIENT COS YOU AVE NOT SHOWN THE REAL PIC...

and yes i have said photos don't lie because clowns keep saying OH IT LOOKS BETTER IN PERSON LIKE FUCK IT DOES
avatar
head

Posts : 202
Join date : 2016-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Last week and wip

Post by Ketchup Kid on Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:01 pm

i was referring to photos of people and the media and such when i brought up photoshop. like ass alterations, touchups and such.

the thought of altering tattoo images for whatever reasons never even crossed my mind, that would be so fucking lame.

any way you put it, i still say you can't trust the photos.

"pictures don't lie" where did you even get that? pulled it out your ass maybe?

because its actually "the pictures don't do you justice" is the saying.

why is it so hard to believe something can look better in real life than a photo rendition? or look worse or whatever.
avatar
Ketchup Kid

Posts : 301
Join date : 2016-05-04
Age : 37
Location : Southern West Coast U.S.A. 818/213

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Last week and wip

Post by head on Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:39 pm

reset818 wrote:i was referring to photos of people and the media and such when i brought up photoshop. like ass alterations, touchups and such.

the thought of altering tattoo images for whatever reasons never even crossed my mind, that would be so fucking lame.

any way you put it, i still say you can't trust the photos.

"pictures don't lie" where did you even get that? pulled it out your ass maybe?

because its actually "the pictures don't do you justice" is the saying.

why is it so hard to believe something can look better in real life than a photo rendition? or look worse or whatever.
if you was referring to photos in the media then you should ave said..SIMPLE

no i pulled it out of your girls ass lol

me saying photos don't lie is my way of telling people your tattoo is fucking SHIT in a nicer way....so just for you reset i will just tell you straight from now on your tattoo is SHIT

because the only people who say it looks better in real life know deep down its SHIT

so there you ave it i hope i answered your questions..
avatar
head

Posts : 202
Join date : 2016-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Last week and wip

Post by Ketchup Kid on Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:46 pm

you shouldn't hesitate to say something looks shitty to you if thats what you think. and why.

people shouldn't take anything too personally anyway. most of us are just trying to get better. you should be your own worst critic anyway. i can at least say i recognize shit when i see it, but i don't think everyone does

and the ones who truly know what they are talking about, who seem to have all vanished, won't sugarcoat shit cuz it defeats the purpose of learning.

like that grumpy asshole dmerit, he will tear you a new one, but he knows what he's talking about and tell you stuff from the pro's perspective. his input is more valuable to me than one that makes you feel good.

i've seen the best on here say that "its better in real life" about pictures of awesome tats, cuz it just doesn't do the piece justice. they could have taken a better picture or it just doesn't come thru in a photo.

everyone's a critic, but not everyone has a trained eye, experience and the know how. the rest are just opinions. i'm here to get feedback from those better than me... and it seems to be slimming down...

Where'd y'all go? hello? lou? D? are y'all still there? it's really not that bad is it?

btw: if you must, then you can use "the picture speaks for itself" that is the actual saying.
avatar
Ketchup Kid

Posts : 301
Join date : 2016-05-04
Age : 37
Location : Southern West Coast U.S.A. 818/213

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Last week and wip

Post by head on Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:10 am

reset818 wrote:you shouldn't hesitate to say something looks shitty to you if thats what you think. and why.

people shouldn't take anything too personally anyway. most of us are just trying to get better. you should be your own worst critic anyway. i can at least say i recognize shit when i see it, but i don't think everyone does

and the ones who truly know what they are talking about, who seem to have all vanished, won't sugarcoat shit cuz it defeats the purpose of learning.

like that grumpy asshole dmerit, he will tear you a new one, but he knows what he's talking about and tell you stuff from the pro's perspective. his input is more valuable to me than one that makes you feel good.

i've seen the best on here say that "its better in real life" about pictures of awesome tats, cuz it just doesn't do the piece justice. they could have taken a better picture or it just doesn't come thru in a photo.

everyone's a critic, but not everyone has a trained eye, experience and the know how. the rest are just opinions. i'm here to get feedback from those better than me... and it seems to be slimming down...

Where'd y'all go? hello? lou? D? are y'all still there? it's really not that bad is it?

btw: if you must, then you can use "the picture speaks for itself" that is the actual saying.
right see the rest off the shit you wrote ere don't bother me cos you don't know shit cos you are just making asumsumes from the last forum... who's the best on ere that has said it looks better in real life i need proof of that..

the bit that pisses me of with what you said is "if you must you can use the picture speaks for its self" & here is why i wasn't gonna say fuck all bout this but i feel i ave too.....the words or phases i use are CORRECT to me WHY cos i ave a severe brain injury & no I'm not fucking bout & no I'm not looking sympathy my way is my way ( to me ) SIMPLE...now ere is how i got it just over 4 years ago i was ran over my a car which put me in a coma for a month which my heart stopped twice in that time.,,( the drs did ask my wife to switch the machines off to which she said no)...i was in icu for 3 months..i had to learn to walk/swallow/use my right arm again.im right handed..ere is a list of my injurys
bleeds on the brain
air pockets in spine
spline damage
right arm shattered
right ribs shattered
torn liver
 calapsed & punctured lungs(only 1 works)
lost a kidney & my other only functions at 34% when they got it working again

i hope i ave put a few things in perspective if not so FUCK...and before you say it as i ave already said I'm not looking SYMPATHY i just wanted to make a point..
avatar
head

Posts : 202
Join date : 2016-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Last week and wip

Post by Ketchup Kid on Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:43 am

yeah thats fucked up what happened to you.

you should hear my story.

now all i was trying to say was the pics posted may or may not be a good depiction of the tattoo, depends on the photo.
so you can't trust the photo.
but
you keep saying this annoying phrase
and it has some truth to it
but i got annoyed.
so you have yours and i'll have mine.
its all gravy

you are right about being that was then this is now.
they say you get some really good stuff from this forum...like gold and i have.
but its constantly thinning out...
which means we the new must excel and surpass or be as good as them.
we must all help each other get better.
or the forum dies or is useless
and i'm trying to be a tattoo artist not a scratcher
avatar
Ketchup Kid

Posts : 301
Join date : 2016-05-04
Age : 37
Location : Southern West Coast U.S.A. 818/213

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Last week and wip

Post by head on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:12 am

reset818 wrote:yeah thats fucked up what happened to you.

you should hear my story.

now all i was trying to say was the pics posted may or may not be a good depiction of the tattoo, depends on the photo.
so you can't trust the photo.
but
you keep saying this annoying phrase
and it has some truth to it
but i got annoyed.
so you have yours and i'll have mine.
its all gravy

you are right about being that was then this is now.
they say you get some really good stuff from this forum...like gold and i have.
but its constantly thinning out...
which means we the new must excel and surpass or be as good as them.
we must all help each other get better.
or the forum dies or is useless
and i'm trying to be a tattoo artist not a scratcher
you see you writing' you should hear my story' tells me your being a contra sending cunt & to me it seems you think I'm lying which i couldn't really give a fuck about...

but yes i will stop being diplomatic bout peoples pics & ill be a bit more blunt..

I'm done with all this backwards & forwarding with you as its fucking boring me now..lol
avatar
head

Posts : 202
Join date : 2016-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Last week and wip

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum