My tattoo thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My tattoo thread

Post by rustysnow on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:17 pm

I'll post the pics individually

This was my first on skin...did this 2 years ago using a bishop clone, 5rl and intense true black



Last edited by rustysnow on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

rustysnow

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My tattoo thread

Post by head on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:54 pm

i can only see 2 images lol...the 1st which looks like a wave and heart beat you can see that the line work is shit,just because you are gonna black something the line work still needs to be decent also your fill aint solid...

the 2nd looks a bit more solid but can't really see cos of the shadow 

how long ave you been tattooing
avatar
head

Posts : 202
Join date : 2016-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My tattoo thread

Post by rustysnow on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:25 am

I think you have to click on the link to see the other pics...

The wave heart beat tattoo does need a major touch up, I used a 5rl for the whole thing which was obviously not a good idea...

I picked up my first machine 2 or 3 years ago, tattooed lots of fruit and piggies, my first tattoo on skin was last July, the last 2 and all the selfies were done in the last 6 months

rustysnow

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My tattoo thread

Post by rustysnow on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:26 pm

This one was next, which is a selfie using a Welker rotary, 5rl, 9rm and dynamic black...


rustysnow

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My tattoo thread

Post by rustysnow on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:27 pm

Then another selfie, same configuration as the last except I used a bit of eternal white


rustysnow

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My tattoo thread

Post by rustysnow on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:29 pm

These are the next 2 done on a mate...




rustysnow

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My tattoo thread

Post by rustysnow on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:31 pm

Then came an addition to my koi...use a mixture of eternal lipstick red with eternal white for the pinks, also used a 15rm bug pin and a dragonfly clone


rustysnow

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My tattoo thread

Post by rustysnow on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:34 pm

Just finished this on a mate, using my Welker rotary and a Spectra clone, dynamic black and witch hazel for the wash, eternal lightning yellow



rustysnow

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My tattoo thread

Post by rustysnow on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:35 pm

Then did this touch up on his leg using eternal green concentrate, lightning yellow and dynamic black...I didn't do any of the original work on his leg btw



rustysnow

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My tattoo thread

Post by Ketchup Kid on Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:49 pm

i like it.

not perfect, but i'm the cheerleader around here. you pulled the self tattoos off nicely, they aint easy.

no worse than a lot of what i see on the street. seems like you're working on blends and getting better and i'm sure you're working on lining too. koi looks blown out for 5 rl single pass lines. wouldn't hurt to shade the flower correctly with black toward edges and center, one big highlight in centermakes it cartoony.

you can stick around and pick up good stuff here hopefully from the seniors on how to improve.

all i can offer is encouragement and occassional drunken posts
avatar
Ketchup Kid

Posts : 301
Join date : 2016-05-04
Age : 37
Location : Southern West Coast U.S.A. 818/213

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My tattoo thread

Post by skulltattoo80 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:55 pm

certainly not pro material but certainly not the worst ive see, even by tattooists ive sen who have their own shops

keep working at it and no doubt you can become pro
avatar
skulltattoo80

Posts : 109
Join date : 2016-05-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My tattoo thread

Post by head on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:31 pm

rustysnow wrote:Just finished this on a mate, using my Welker rotary and a Spectra clone, dynamic black and witch hazel for the wash, eternal lightning yellow


the best thing to do with your posts i think is just post 1 thead up with 1 maybe 2 tattoos at a time cos its easier to give c&c..

but ill comment on this as its your newest

on this tattoo is it supposed to be traditional?  if it is the swirling wind bars type thing doesn't belong,its ok if your doing japanese but not traditional the same can be said for your finger wave type things,you're kraken/octopus just looks like worms mate

what are you using to line?
avatar
head

Posts : 202
Join date : 2016-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My tattoo thread

Post by Dmerit on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:47 pm

Not too bad if these are your first attempts like you say they are..
avatar
Dmerit

Posts : 212
Join date : 2016-05-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My tattoo thread

Post by rustysnow on Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:48 am

reset818 wrote:i like it.

not perfect, but i'm the cheerleader around here. you pulled the self tattoos off nicely, they aint easy.

no worse than a lot of what i see on the street. seems like you're working on blends and getting better and i'm sure you're working on lining too. koi looks blown out for 5 rl single pass lines. wouldn't hurt to shade the flower correctly with black toward edges and center, one big highlight in centermakes it cartoony.

you can stick around and pick up good stuff here hopefully from the seniors on how to improve.

all i can offer is encouragement and occassional drunken posts

Thanks for the encouragement, the koi does have many blowouts but the perimeter of the fish was purposely done thick, 2 lines side by side and filled in... I see what you're saying about the flower though Wink

rustysnow

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My tattoo thread

Post by rustysnow on Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:09 am

head wrote:
rustysnow wrote:Just finished this on a mate, using my Welker rotary and a Spectra clone, dynamic black and witch hazel for the wash, eternal lightning yellow


the best thing to do with your posts i think is just post 1 thead up with 1 maybe 2 tattoos at a time cos its easier to give c&c..

but ill comment on this as its your newest

on this tattoo is it supposed to be traditional?  if it is the swirling wind bars type thing doesn't belong,its ok if your doing japanese but not traditional the same can be said for your finger wave type things,you're kraken/octopus just looks like worms mate

what are you using to line?

Thanks for you feedback mate, let me start by letting you know this image is not my original artwork, it's not meant to be trad nor Japanese either, it's just an image that my brother in law really liked...

I only see my family once a year so this was lined last July with a bishop clone, 5rl and dynamic black...all the rest was done the other day.

rustysnow

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My tattoo thread

Post by rustysnow on Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:13 am

Dmerit wrote:Not too bad if these are your first attempts like you say they are..
Yes mate these are in order first to most recent, I had done a lot of practice on fruit and pig skin for about 12-18months before I did the first one... I know I still have a very long way to go but since I finished the selfie on my shin I've had a lot of people ask for work Very Happy

rustysnow

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My tattoo thread

Post by Ketchup Kid on Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:41 pm

i was thinking you may have sculpted those lines because they look so bold and consistent. those are quite good scupted w 5rl.

saying you've been in the game for 2 years is not saying much since you could have done 2 tattoos or 200. and how dedicated you've been.

self tattoos tell the story of your skills... and they are the hardest to do...

how is the bishop clone?
i swore i stop buying knockoffs but just curious.
avatar
Ketchup Kid

Posts : 301
Join date : 2016-05-04
Age : 37
Location : Southern West Coast U.S.A. 818/213

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My tattoo thread

Post by rustysnow on Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:42 pm

reset818 wrote:i was thinking you may have sculpted those lines because they look so bold and consistent. those are quite good scupted w 5rl.

saying you've been in the game for 2 years is not saying much since you could have done 2 tattoos or 200. and how dedicated you've been.

self tattoos tell the story of your skills... and they are the hardest to do...

how is the bishop clone?
i swore i stop buying knockoffs but just curious.

Yeah, should have been clearer, these are all the tattoos I've done since last summer, most of which were done in the last 6 months, haven't been able to give much more to it because of work commitments, got a new job now though which should give me more free time to create art and tattoo.

I have 2 bishop clones and they're both great although I much prefer my walker for lining...

rustysnow

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My tattoo thread

Post by Loulou on Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:23 pm

your line work def need improving o the tri force tattoo would be nice if you sharpened up the edges and had a nice solid black fill on it , always practice on paper practice your lines and your solid fill , and use the same techniques you would when tattooing
avatar
Loulou
Admin

Posts : 491
Join date : 2016-05-02

View user profile http://bestattooforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: My tattoo thread

Post by rustysnow on Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:07 pm

Loulou wrote:your line work def need improving o the tri force tattoo would be nice if you sharpened up the edges and had a nice solid black fill on it , always practice on paper practice your lines and your solid fill , and use the same techniques you would when tattooing

Thanks for the feedback Loulou, i do practice before i ink, i use an ipad pro with apple pencil which is pressure sensitive which is similar to lining a tattoo (obviously without the contours) this piece was my first on a person so i was super nervous and made a lot of mistakes... it's on my brother in law so one day i'll go over it again and fix it up just like you suggested, sharpen the lines and points and go over the fill with a bigger needle grouping next time

rustysnow

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My tattoo thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum