Batman finished

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Batman finished

Post by Rohr on Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:07 am

Any advice or good idéas before I continue, thicker outlines maybe?

Last edited by Rohr on Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rohr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman finished

Post by Loulou on Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:34 am

post the reference for the tattoo
Loulou
Admin

View user profile http://bestattooforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohr on Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:05 am

Its going to be a part of a bigger Batman them on the leg btw.

Rohr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Kid on Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:39 pm

this is and awesome post. not too good, not too bad, something we can discuss as a collective.
plenty of ways it can be approved tattooing wise.

all i have to say is,
i'm assuming you did the stencil by hand, and then went to work.
and then you focused less on the design but more on pulling it off.
because the design is not the greatest for tattoo reference, too detailed with subtleties for your level. i would have picked a different design. just that fucking hand looks hard to pull off.

what they draw for a frame in a comic may contain elements for dramatic effect, that may or may not be succesful on a tattoo.. like some exaggerated shading that you need to watch for to translate successfully for tattoo ie front quad shading left shoulder. besides you're extracting only the batman from the composition and by itself it may look different. photoshop is good for this. or a drawing .

but so far you are pulling it off. from here on i would focus less on the reference and more on pulling off the tattoo, itself shading better and fixing lines, maybe fixing the wide nose.
Ketchup Kid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:12 pm

i think you have lost something in translation , its comic book style it needs cross hatching and it needs some line sculpting ,,,  your line work is still a bit shakey but they can be sorted , its on the way to being a nice tat just just practise lots on paper as well as skin

Last edited by Loulou on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loulou
Admin

View user profile http://bestattooforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by head on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:22 pm

looks good..there are a few issues you need to address as mentioned above also the bat sign on chest the little bit of black you left out (white highlight on pic) i would just fill it in black cos it looks like you aint filled it properly
head

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohr on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:41 pm

I could not agree more to what you guys are saying, especially the linework, sometimes its spot on, sometimes its of, on this on its a bit shakey I agree.
And yes, I had the exact same thought about the batman logo on the chest, its of, and I would be better of just making it all black.
And the nose, I did not see that one before you mentioned it, and now it just pops Very Happy but easely fixed Smile
My plan is to beef up the linework in the foreground of him.

My main focus on this one, was really to make a good map/stencil and not to use to much linework, rather than shade it up.
And then the contrast and deepnes.

Anyway, thanks guys!!!! and parden my english, Im from Denmark, and english is not my main language, so bare over with me Smile

Rohr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tyler300888 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:24 am

I agree that it could do with some cross hatching to get it to that comic book style and as head said just fill in the bat sign black. Noticed a few shaky lines but a few nice ones aswell. It'll be nice to see the finished tat.
tyler300888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohr on Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:26 pm

Batman finished

Rohr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Kid on Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:01 pm

it looks better

strange how the outline of the thigh became broken. but i don't know you what you did.

and the face could use a touch up, but it is fixed somewhat already, the wide nose... but the but scruff between the eyes should not be a big hightlight to keep in mind in the future.

its a good design, with batman's hand forshortened, you pulled off the hand well, at least i think so. still mixed feelings about the design you chose, translation to tattoo maybe you should have drawn it out different for shading.

btw,
you suck you piece of shit go fuck yourself you better watch your back etc.

Ketchup Kid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohr on Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:11 pm

Uhhhh Im so scared right now, I better watch my back LOL!!!!
Im 6000 miles away computer warrior, You really sound like a child.
Anyway, your broke ass really have to suck alot of dick to get the money to come all the way to Denmark Very Happy

Rohr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Kid on Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:51 pm

lighten up don't you recognize a joke when you see one.

seriously, you really are serious i see...

get the money to go to denmark, then how would i find you, who are you and why do i care,

can someone really suck that much dick to afford a trip over there, how many cocks are we talking? how much does one get for sucking a cock i have no idea.

how do you know i'm broke, i see you like to make a lot of assumptions, what do you consider broke?

why denmark, thats one of the last places i'd visit if i were to go to that continent, is it really 6000 miles, don't you all use km?

well i see i have bruised your ego too much for you lighten up, thats too bad...
but i do see you fixed the nose like i suggested so i must not be completely full of shit at least when talking bout tattoos. which is all i really care for...
Ketchup Kid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by head on Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:33 pm

looks good

the break in line work in the leg looks ok to me as i think it gives it more off a graphic novel kinda feel weither you meant it or not..lol

but that hand at the back (his right hand ) bugs the fuck outta me as it looks like he only has 3 fingers but its like that in your ref..but i would ave changed it
head

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohr on Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:00 pm

Yep! clearly my ego.....

@Head, the line did not go in, wich was clear after it healed, but I liked it, and decided to keep it a bit open.

Never thought about the hand, but yes, and its the kind of thing that just want go away, when you first start to think about it Very Happy

But there is alot I would have done different, should I do it again - I learned alot, I believe.

Rohr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by head on Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:42 pm

as long as you learned something then alls good
head

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content