Best Tattoo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing Myself!

+2
easy31st
in2itiveart
6 posters

Go down

Introducing Myself! Empty Introducing Myself!

Post by in2itiveart Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:34 pm

Hi Everyone!

I apprenticed 25 years ago, and worked in a shop and then on my own for 6 years, but was too immature at the time to commit to tattooing at that time - so I went off and tried a million other things... I got an MFA  and have painted and showed my work for many years. I have learned how to do psychic readings with my work which I do from time to time for people, and now I am going back to tattooing because it feels like the best way to connect with people and make a living or supplement my income while using my gifts. I have been working at a big box store for over a year and the interaction with the public is killing me. Before the 2008 crash, I was teaching at the Art Institute which was pretty lame - but lost that job and scrambled doing graphic design - a few people along the way have suggested I go back to tattooing - and in June, I finally thought - why not?

I checked out getting another apprenticeship but I am above and beyond being willing to be the shop "bitch" - so I am just jumping back in on my own. I got a rotary machine so I don't have to worry about having to tune a coil machine and all that jazz, plus it feels easier to draw with the rotary.

I am going to initially do it out of my house while I practice and then I hope to be able to move into a place where that has dual use where I can live/work and have an appointment based shop.

I am still buying my equipment - so just curious what people think about different inks - I am thinking Eternal - at the moment. I am hoping they will sell to me directly.

I am running into the same old "secret society" attitude as I did back in 1991 - sadly - we do have a Tattoo Supply store here - and I like them, but see that they have reviews that say they sold fake ink so I am going to try to buy it directly from Eternal.

I plan on doing free tats till I feel that my work is worth paying for again. I did tattoo my leg the other day - it sucks because I could not stand the pain but I will work on it some more. I am also a lot better artist than I was back then - so I hope that my confidence will transfer through the tattoo machine.

Back then, we used a single-needle liner, and only 7 mags - which of course we made - I have no idea about these 13 mags I am hearing about - I look forward to trying them out... I figured I would just do a black wash on my leg tat with the mags to get back in the flow...

I also got some fake skin.

Joanna

in2itiveart

http://www.joannawhitney.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Introducing Myself! Empty Re: Introducing Myself!

Post by easy31st Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:49 pm

Welcome and good luck
easy31st
easy31st

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmerit Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:53 pm

Hi. :-)
Dmerit
Dmerit

Back to top Go down

Post by tyler300888 Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:32 pm

Hello there..
tyler300888
tyler300888

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:37 pm

welcome to the forum
Loulou
Loulou
Admin

https://bestattooforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Kid Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:35 am

hi
cheers
go broncos..NOT
Ketchup Kid
Ketchup Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum