Best Tattoo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TATTOO STATION SET UP

4 posters

Go down

TATTOO STATION SET UP Empty TATTOO STATION SET UP

Post by Loulou Sat May 07, 2016 10:10 pm

TATTOO SET-UP PROCEDURE

Pre Set­up

­Make stencil and place it, stencil side up, in holding area
­Arrange benches, chairs, armrest, etc. as necessary
­Turn on lights and power unit
Wash hands
Wet work area with H2O
Touching only the ends of the cellophane, cover each work surface with cellophane including any armrests, chairs or benches being used in close proximity to tattooing area or work area. Make sure the parts of cellophane touched by hands are hanging over the edges of your work areas
Place 1 or 2 rubber bands around each machine (dependant upon necessary resistance)
Place rubber grommet on armature bar (don’t push it on all the way)
Place machine(s) in holding area
Don one glove

*­For the following: Open/lift all drawers, lids, boxes, bottles etc. with ungloved hand. Remove contents with gloved hand and place onto clean surface – Never touch contents with ungloved hand

Place clean field on mayo tray, plastic barrier side facing down
Place desired amount of pre ripped paper towels
If necessary, remove another clean field to protect clients clothing
Pull enough bags to cover 2 bottles and the number of machines being used
Pull one clip cord cover
Bag the alcohol and green soap/Dr. Bronner’s bottles starting from the bottom of the bottle
Bag machine(s)
Feed clip cord through clip cord sleeve starting with the 1/4in plug end and feeding through to the other end (let 1/4in plug rest on your chair or an otherwise unused work surface as you feed the rest of the cord through if necessary)
Cover the contact points with the clip cord cover and let each poke through the cover
With 1/4in plug end in ungloved hand, plug clip cord into power supply, without touching the top of any barrier
With covered end in gloved hand, lay only the covered portion of the cord over the mayo tray
Place tube packs and needle packs on clean field
Place razor on clean field
Place ink caps and rinse cup(s) on clean field
Using one handed technique, open A&D ointment and squeeze contents onto clean field
Secure ink caps and rinse cup(s) to clean field with A&D ointment
Pour necessary amount of stencil stuff onto work area
Remove glove

Set Up, Prep Skin and Tattoo (Explain set-up to the client while setting up)

Bring client to station (if they aren’t there already there)
Wash hands
Don two cloves
Clean area of the body to be tattooed with paper towel and soap (everywhere that may be touched)
Use soap and disposable razor to shave the area
Place the razor back into the plastic shield and place on mayo tray with one hand (this will be wrapped up with the tube and other items on mayo tray during breakdown process)
Wipe away any excess soap and/or hair
Use alcohol to wipe the area before applying the stencil
Apply thin layer of stencil adhesive
Line up and place stencil, ensuring it is straight and even, taking the contours of the body into consideration
Place stencil, stencil side up, onto mayo tray
If placement is off and removal is necessary, use alcohol and a paper towel to remove stencil, let dry, apply stencil stuff, then re-apply stencil
Let dry 5 – 10 minutes
Remove gloves
Wash or sanitize hands
Pour ink(s) into caps (cover the top of each bottle with paper towel to shake before pouring)
Fill rinse cup(s) with distilled water
Don two gloves
Open tube pack(s) and needle pack(s)
Place needle in tube
Keeping tube and needle together, place needle bar loop, then tube, through machine bag and through front vice on machine
Without ever placing hands inside the machine bag
Place needle loop over rubber grommet and slide down onto armature bar
Move rubber bands so they lay over the needle bar to hold it in place
Adjust needle and tube as necessary
Tighten front vice to hold tube in place
Attach clip cord
Tattoo

*If breaks are necessary, remove gloves and bandage the tattoo appropriately for each break. Use tape and bandages for longer breaks and cellophane for shorter breaks

Loulou
Loulou
Admin

https://bestattooforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

TATTOO STATION SET UP Empty Re: TATTOO STATION SET UP

Post by Whippet Sun May 08, 2016 4:44 pm

LOVE this post...cheers!!

Do you have anything on finishing up, wrapping (what bandages? cling film? pther?) and aftercare - something brief would be cool?
Whippet
Whippet

Back to top Go down

Post by rustysnow Sun May 08, 2016 6:38 pm

Love this, thanks Loulou

rustysnow

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou Sun May 08, 2016 7:02 pm

yes whippet i will get this posted asap

no problem at all guys
Loulou
Loulou
Admin

https://bestattooforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by gaztred Mon May 09, 2016 8:42 am

Great post Lou, very detailed and ideal for people to use in their local SOP's if going for a registration. I actually set out well in advance, so if tattooing on Saturday I'll set up on a Friday night in advance covering all the station, stool, chairs, clips cords, foot peddle, power supply, lamp etc. I set out the tubes and needles I intend to use but only ever open them when the client is in front of me. One additional thing that I do is I keep all the tear strips off the tube and needle packaging and staple it to the clients disclaimer record to proved any needles and tubes were in date at the time of tattooing.
Additionally on the disclaimer my new insurer insists that a record is kept of the pigments used by manufacturer, batch / lot number and expiry date.
gaztred
gaztred

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down