Cartridge needles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cartridge needles

Post by tyler300888 on Sat May 21, 2016 7:42 am

Hi all, so i was just curious really to see if anyone has used the cartridge needles and what their thoughts of them are..
tyler300888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartridge needles

Post by Loulou on Sat May 21, 2016 12:26 pm

i personally think they are a load of crap i wouldnt even waste time looking at them
Loulou
Admin

View user profile http://bestattooforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by head on Sat May 21, 2016 4:39 pm

i like them...there is a ton off different brands out there some good some bad like everything..i like them just for handiness as you aint gotta set uo a ton of diff machines with diff needles
head

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mack on Sun May 22, 2016 4:08 am

Loulou wrote:i personally think they are a load of crap i wouldnt even waste time looking at them
Why is that Lou?

I haven't tried them myself but I can see the value in being able to swap out needles

Mack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tyler300888 on Sun May 22, 2016 9:20 am

What's your bad experience with them Lou? Iv never used them but very nearly bought a cartridge grip a couple of days ago.

I like the idea of setting up less machines and just swapping cartridges like Head and Mack said.

Im trying to weigh up the pro's and cons of them before buying(Thats if i do buy).

Pro's- handy (less machines)

Cons- cost implication
tyler300888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marked 4 life on Sun May 22, 2016 10:58 am

I have used them, originally the white EZ cart ones, they were very poor quality, kept falling out the grip etc, I sold them on.

I later decided to try them again, the new EZ cart which are clear / purple, much better quality, I only purchased 9 shader and 11 mag this time, last time I purchased a full range of them and lost a shit load of money.

Pros -
1) you can use one machine and just change the tips, saves having multiple machines set up.

Cons -
1) each time you change the tip you may have to adjust the needle hang again unless you have one of the new fancy rpg grips.
2) If the cart grip you use is non disposable then you have to TRY and keep it clean, people use plastic bags, tape, rubber condom thingys to try and keep them clean, some carts do not have an internal membrane so fluids can travel inside the grip, each time I use my disposable grips I notice how "wet" the inside of the grip is, not sure if cold steralising is enough for the grip.
3) very expensive at around £15 for a box of 20 + postage and disposable grips at £13 for 15, cheaper to use needle and tubes but obviously more machines required if need to use at the same time.
4) Wont work as well on coil machines.
5) If you like diamond tips then these are not like that, I find the tips quite bulky.

I cant think of anything else, these are my opinions only of my experience with carts, many people love them.

marked 4 life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmerit on Sun May 22, 2016 11:17 am

I don't think that the pros outweigh the cons,, firstly,, if you are using one machine for everything then there is a compromise somewhere because almost anyone using coils will have a machine setup for different techniques,,, then there's the case of if you only have one machine then what happens if it breaks down mid tattoo??. So a second machine is still needed,, so instead if setting one machine you may as well set both up,, do the single machine argument loses its argument,,, then the grips,,,do you have a few so you can autoclave them?. Or do you just wipe them down,?. Not sure if this is suitable,,,,,, i also think they would mess up any damping a machine has because of the spring in the cartridge,, probably better in a machine with no damping,,, no diamond tips, I found a small amount of movement of the needle when changing direction,, not good for fine detail.... so opening the cartridge and bending the needle is needed,  which if needed,, you may as well set up a normal tube and needle...
Dmerit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tyler300888 on Sun May 22, 2016 12:41 pm

[size=48]Thanks marked and demerit, think I agree with you both. Their definitely seems to be a lot of cons and going by that I think in gonna give them a miss.[/size]
[size=48]Thanks everyone[/size]
tyler300888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou on Sun May 22, 2016 1:51 pm

pretty much everything merit said , they are pre set because they where designed for doing semi permanent make up , its a set machine for a set artist , and thats why the posers like them because they do the posers tattoos,, hyper realism that wont last , you need to understand machine tuning and skin differences to do a tattoo that will hold over time , and even though i use rotary i was only able to use one after i fully understood how a coil worked filly and could tune my machines
Loulou
Admin

View user profile http://bestattooforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tyler300888 on Sun May 22, 2016 3:23 pm

Thanks Lou, i see what you mean.
Just gonna stick to good old needles and tubes i think rather than wasting my money on something i dont need. Very Happy
tyler300888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by head on Sun May 22, 2016 4:09 pm

marked 4 lif wrote:
Pros -
1) you can use one machine and just change the tips, saves having multiple machines set up.

Cons -
1) each time you change the tip you may have to adjust the needle hang again unless you have one of the new fancy rpg grips.
2) If the cart grip you use is non disposable then you have to TRY and keep it clean, people use plastic bags, tape, rubber condom thingys to try and keep them clean, some carts do not have an internal membrane so fluids can travel inside the grip, each time I use my disposable grips I notice how "wet" the inside of the grip is, not sure if cold steralising is enough for the grip.
3) very expensive at around £15 for a box of 20 + postage and disposable grips at £13 for 15, cheaper to use needle and tubes but obviously more machines required if need to use at the same time.
4) Wont work as well on coil machines.
5) If you like diamond tips then these are not like that, I find the tips quite bulky.

I cant think of anything else, these are my opinions only of my experience with carts, many people love them.
the ez carts you ave to adjust depth when you change but they are getting better with that..the cheyenne carts you don't but they are far more expensive
head

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddy Boy on Sun May 22, 2016 10:09 pm

I don't know there seems to be more brands of carts coming onto the market eg. Nedz & Elite are a couple of the newer ones for sale. I've also noticed that a lot of good, established tattooists have moved to carts (not necessarily the pen type machines). Also the machine manufacturers seem to be making machines that are geared towards the carts, I agree with Dmerit about needing a second machine as a backup....maybe with all these other makes flooding the market Cheyenne will maybe drop the price of their products
Buddy Boy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by No Quater on Mon May 23, 2016 11:32 am

I like carts but prefer a multi machine setup. The tripple conrod is a great machine for pushing carts and Dale just finished his al cart machine.

No Quater

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohr on Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:50 am

I love my carts, and working with them, is soooooooo much easier I think, I don fell that all the cons people talk about is a problem to me at all.
I mostly just ude the Cheyenne carts and the T-Techs.
I think the EZ I have sucks, and splashes the ink out.

I always run a two machine setup, usely I use the Inkjecta flite for lining and shading, since this machine has a give, and then I use the Cheyenne Thunder for packing.
But I still think the Thunder is very versatile, and can du everything.

Rohr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by easy31st on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:40 pm

I know this topic is old, but I recently got into using carts. I picked up the ruthless disposable grips 25mm. The come with the push rods, I've seen some without. Also went with the friction prime cartridge needles, they're pretty good they have the protective membrane so you don't have to worry about back flow. I've only tried the 9cm bugpin. and the 17cm bugpin and can't complain. I don't think I'll try them for lining, I like coils for lining. I'm gonna pick up some round shaders soon and see how those work for me I'm sure they be fine. I just wanna get a pen style machine because I'm using a humming bird v2 with the maxon motor and it's really light, but I'm not sure if they were intended for cartridge use them springs put a lot of tension on the motor. I've took out the stay up spring but don't want to harm the motor. So a pen or direct drive would probably be better for what I want to use it for.
easy31st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top