Best Tattoo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

disposable tip sizing

4 posters

Go down

disposable tip sizing Empty disposable tip sizing

Post by Mr.Martian Mon May 23, 2016 11:57 am

I've been buying disposable tips from cnc only so far, and I've found they all seem to come up big. As in, I'm using a 3rl tip on a 5 needle, 7tip on a 9 etc.

Just seems they fit snugger, work better that way... I'm probably missing something here...
Mr.Martian
Mr.Martian

Back to top Go down

disposable tip sizing Empty Re: disposable tip sizing

Post by marked 4 life Mon May 23, 2016 12:43 pm

I use CNC brand and yes you are right, there is a bit of trial and error, as a general rule of thumb if using a diamond tip you go down a size, or if you are using a long taper you go down a size, for example a powerline 1207rl long taper fits in a CNC 5VT, a Pin Up 1209rs will fit in a CNC 7VT but you are dipping more, the ink doesnt feed properly (found that out yesterday)

I use VT or DT for lining and shading, that way I dont have to keep so many tubes in stock, the CNC brand seem to have the smallest end that I have found.

marked 4 life

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Martian Mon May 23, 2016 12:45 pm

I see, didn't think about the taper length.. Makes sense, cheers!
Mr.Martian
Mr.Martian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Kid Thu May 26, 2016 5:11 pm

i'm short on supplies,
but lil while ago i've used 7l needle on a 3dt. cheap plastic ebay

its all i had, but it fit snug and worked.
i don't remember having problems with inkflow, but i'm gonna stop do because if its too tight i'm sure there will be ink issues, even tho i don't think i saw any.

so you want some excess tube for ink reasons, and not too tight, is what i am gathering

better to not go too small with the tube even if the neddle fits?
Ketchup Kid
Ketchup Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Martian Thu May 26, 2016 5:20 pm

Yea, cheers reset. I hadn't considered the ink flow into the bargain. Makes sense more needles needing more ink, so space around them in the tip to supply it. I guess no point strangling it gonna run out of line very quickly. And it's probably just my inexperience thinking the lines were better with a snugger fit, surely it should be held in place fine by the bands...
Mr.Martian
Mr.Martian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Kid Thu May 26, 2016 5:26 pm

Mr.Martian wrote:Yea, cheers reset. I hadn't considered the ink flow into the bargain. Makes sense more needles needing more ink, so space around them in the tip to supply it. I guess no point strangling it gonna run out of line very quickly. And it's probably just my inexperience thinking the lines were better with a snugger fit, surely it should be held in place fine by the bands...

that was my logic too, snugger fit, less movement in the tip... but i guess there is a reason why the tips are so much bigger than the needle it was wade for.

thanks
Ketchup Kid
Ketchup Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou Fri May 27, 2016 11:47 am

some are bigger than others , i use artists choice and i can do up a needle size with there grips a 9 will fit a 7dt so will a 7 its good you can save a lot of money on grips that way
Loulou
Loulou
Admin

https://bestattooforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum