Best Tattoo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better late than never

+2
Dmerit
marcomalvado
6 posters

Go down

Better late than never Empty Better late than never

Post by marcomalvado Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:01 pm

Hi, folks.

I flirted with the idea of getting into tattooing in the late 1980s, doing some shitty work on myself and my wife with a machine I built, but I ended up having kids and drifted into a more mainstream artistic career, doing graphic design, animation, illustration, etc. but I never lost my love of tattoos, collecting ink and designing & selling flash.

Fast forward 25 years. Now I'm semi-retired, supporting myself with a home-based business that allows plenty of free time, so I decided to take advantage of all the great info out there now and teach myself the craft. I live in a tiny town with no opportunities for apprenticeships but a population of bikers, Cholos, and other assorted freaks affording me an ample supply of not-very-picky canvases on which to learn.

I've graduated from foam sheets and pig skin to my own flesh and the learning process is progressing nicely. I should be working on other people soon, starting with my ever-patient wife, who's still with me after all these years.

Wish me luck! clown
marcomalvado
marcomalvado

Back to top Go down

Better late than never Empty Re: Better late than never

Post by Dmerit Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:37 pm

Welcome to the forum marco,, hope you find the forum entertaining,,:-)
Dmerit
Dmerit

Back to top Go down

Post by KneeHigh Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:22 pm

Welcome !!

KneeHigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Kid Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:09 pm

welcome,
i've considered doin what you describe,
but the problem with bikers/gangsters/etc is they can't be trusted unless you know them personally and have a solid relationship. or someone vouch for them. and its not like you wanna carry weapons and worry about getting jacked. or letting them in your home to see the expensive tattoo machines these sewer rats will scope out and come back for along with all your other shit when you're not around.

i'm not saying all gangsters and convicts have no honor, but i would not have anything to do with cholos(outdated word it is "ese" now) in the neighborhood. i don't know where you are, but i'm in the hood and broke ass gang members on drugs will do some stupid shit. you gotta be careful.
Ketchup Kid
Ketchup Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:16 am

welcome to the forum
Loulou
Loulou
Admin

https://bestattooforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tyler300888 Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:58 am

Welcome Smile
tyler300888
tyler300888

Back to top Go down

Post by marcomalvado Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:03 pm

Ketchup Kid wrote: i don't know where you are, but i'm in the hood and broke ass gang members on drugs will do some stupid shit. you gotta be careful.

Thanks for the concern, KK. I spent a lot of time in Boyle Heights during the '80s but these days I'm in a little college town in New Mexico where I'll probably be working on hipsters more than anything. Trying to sound harder than I am. jocolor

Still, though -- and seriously -- thanks much for the reality check.
marcomalvado
marcomalvado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum