Best Tattoo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help tuning

4 posters

Go down

Need help tuning  Empty Need help tuning

Post by Hollerback Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:24 pm

OK I'm new to really tuning my machines,I've only been tattooing for 4months,anyway my liner is set up way to fast for my hand speed,so I heard a bunch of ways to go about this, front spring,capacitor,ect ect.right now my liner is running a 33uf @60v and I heard changing it to 47uf will slow it down,can someone let me know if this will help or not,I'm using handmade kylin machines right now. And is there an easy way to switch out the capacitor or do I have to take my whole machine apart? I appreciate any help I don't wanna be tearing the skin up especially mine Very Happy

Hollerback

Back to top Go down

Need help tuning  Empty Re: Need help tuning

Post by Dmerit Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:18 pm

Try turning the voltage down a bit to start with,, if machine doesn't run then change springs,, I don't think capacitors make a huge difference,,, do you have a picture of your machine.
Dmerit
Dmerit

Back to top Go down

Post by tyler300888 Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:24 pm

Have a look at this link, shit loads of pdfs that may help you including a machine tuning guide.

http://www.printmytattoo.com/members/index.php?page=Tattoo-Ebooks
tyler300888
tyler300888

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollerback Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:24 pm

Last night I messed around with it for a little bit, I set the gap at a little under a nickel and ran pretty good,I know this is off topic but does anyone have any experience with eternal yellow and white,I did some color last night and it wouldn't take at all,the white started showing a little after we took a break for a little bit.

Hollerback

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmerit Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:44 am

Which yellow??. I use lightning yellow and its good,, bright yellow I found contained too much white for my liking,, any colour that contains a lot of white doesnt always show too good until the skin stops bleeding so its important not to overwork the skin,, try holding your machine at more of an angle.
Dmerit
Dmerit

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollerback Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:13 am

I picked up some yellow from starbright and it went in beautiful,I ordered some new eikon springs for my liner and shader cause I noticed no matter how I tune my machine my liner has to much tension on the back spring,is .20 front .18 rear a good setup for a liner?

Hollerback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollerback Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:17 am

Sorry I keep jumping around lol,my lines are coming out choppy as he'll and it's annoying the hell out of me,no matter how I tune my machines,but then I used a friend's machine with a long throw and they came out perfect

Hollerback

Back to top Go down

Post by skulltattoo80 Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:40 am

Hollerback wrote:Sorry I keep jumping around lol,my lines are coming out choppy as he'll and it's annoying the hell out of me,no matter how I tune my machines,but then I used a friend's machine with a long throw and they came out perfect

Never use that word about your tattoos lol. When you believe that your finished
skulltattoo80
skulltattoo80

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollerback Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:49 am

Haha wich word,so I put new 47uf capacitors on my machines and put .20/.18 front back springs on my liner and .18/.20 on shader and my work is coming out 100 times better,I'm able to do single pass lines! I'm just glad it wasn't completely me lol

Hollerback

Back to top Go down

Post by skulltattoo80 Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:21 am

Lol, the word perfect

Good to hear things have improved though
skulltattoo80
skulltattoo80

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollerback Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:52 am

Oh haha ikr,thank you I appreciate it