Best Tattoo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tattoo associated skin reactions

3 posters

Go down

Tattoo associated skin reactions  Empty Tattoo associated skin reactions

Post by Loulou Sun May 08, 2016 7:09 pm

Tattoo-associated skin reactions

Decorative tattooing has been practised for thousands of years. In primitive times it was used for embellishment, whilst in some customs and cultures tattooing represented a sign of distinction or social rank. This remains the case today with some cultures; however, it has also become popular with everyday people of western countries in the last 10-20 years.

With the rise in number of people with tattoos in today's society, an increase in the number of tattoo-associated skin disorders can be expected. Reactions that may occur include acute inflammatory reactions, eczematous hypersensitivity reactions, photo-aggravated reactions, granulomatous reactions, lichenoid reactions and pseudolymphomatous reactions.
Acute inflammatory reactions

This reaction is in direct response to the piercing of the skin with needles impregnated with pigment dyes prepared from metal salts. There may be transient redness and swelling of the area that disappears within 2-3 weeks. It is an expected side effect of the tattooing process.
Skin infections

Infection is not common after tattooing. The following skin infections have been reported however, emphasising the need to undergo the procedure in a clean environment using sterile equipment.

Impetigo
Cellulitis
Herpes simplex
Viral warts
Atypical mycobacterial infection

Transmission of serious blood-borne infections may occur.

Syphilis
Leprosy
Viral hepatitis
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)

Eczematous hypersensitivity reactions

The two most common hypersensitivity reactions to tattoo pigments are allergic contact dermatitis and photoallergic dermatitis. The reaction usually appears as an inflamed red rash or may sometimes be scaly and flaky (exfoliative dermatitis). Red tattoo pigments cause the most reactions, particularly those made from mercury sulfide (cinnabar). Hypersensitivity reactions to pigments used to make black, blue, purple and green tattoos are much less common.

The components of tattoo ink are difficult to determine and undergo changes with time. There are no regulations for tattoo inks or colour additives, which contain inorganic pigments and carbon black, and/or organic pigments from various chemical classes. The table below lists some agents that have been used. There are many more.
Loulou
Loulou
Admin

https://bestattooforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Tattoo associated skin reactions  Empty Re: Tattoo associated skin reactions

Post by Ketchup Kid Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:32 pm

this is a good post, i read it a while back and it was kinda scary.

i've been seeing a doctor about this allegic itchy breakout all over my body that's got me all fucked up. it happened around the time of a very traumatic foot tattoo. i don't think the two are related since the itch rash is not localized to the area of the tattoo, plus its been going on for too long.

anyone heard of an all over body skin reaction to a single tattoo?
Ketchup Kid
Ketchup Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by tyler300888 Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:02 pm

Good post, thanks lou
tyler300888
tyler300888

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Kid Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:06 am

i had a dermatologist look and he said it is not related to allergic reaction which rules out the tattoo.

tattoo skin reactions are localized to tat spot, generally

as i suspected. thanks for the feedback but i beat you all to it.
Ketchup Kid
Ketchup Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down