Best Tattoo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cancellations

+2
Loulou
marked 4 life
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cancellations Empty Cancellations

Post by gaztred Fri May 13, 2016 6:06 am

So, for the 4th week running I have had a cancellation. Every excuse from got to work to buying a new car! These are people I consider friends that let me down last minute. Fortunately I have been able to re shuffle appointments and move stuff around but this weekend is a total loss. I don't know why people think it's ok, if this was a high street shop they would have lost the deposit and place in the queue. Just because tattooing is not my full time occupation and if I do charge its minimal rates by comparison they think it does not matter. I still have over heads and cost to consider. In the last month it's cost me over £500 to keep the studio running with my insurance and waste contract renewals and supplies etc. That's however not the real issue. Fact is I want to tattoo and look forward to it every week.
gaztred
gaztred

Back to top Go down

Cancellations Empty Re: Cancellations

Post by marked 4 life Fri May 13, 2016 8:13 am

It is very annoying but it does happen, what I do if I get a cancellation is I contact one of my existing regulars who are having on going work and offer them the slot, I hate time wasters.

marked 4 life

Back to top Go down

Post by gaztred Fri May 13, 2016 9:08 am

Hi Marked,

Normally I do the same but despite offering out to several people there have been no takers. So annoying, especially as I got my new client chair delivered this week and wanted to try it out.
gaztred
gaztred

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou Fri May 13, 2016 9:10 am

Ypu will always get them gaz , i almost had a rant this morning about people telling me how to do my job , yes because they watch tattoo fixers so they know how to do my job !!! cancellations are the easy bit to deal with , take a good deposit gaz and if its a no show well bonus , i have started taking 50 % up front now fuck it , people who are serious wont mind doing that at all
Loulou
Loulou
Admin

https://bestattooforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by gaztred Fri May 13, 2016 9:17 am

What's your hourly rate Lou if you don't mind me asking? Of course tell me to fuck off for being a nosey twat by all means. Max I charge is £20 p/h and that if I even charge.
gaztred
gaztred

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou Fri May 13, 2016 11:53 am

if its a good mate i do price for the piece anyone else £40 an hour
Loulou
Loulou
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gaztred Fri May 13, 2016 12:11 pm

Deposits seems the way to go then, even if its a one hour min deposit.
gaztred
gaztred

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou Fri May 13, 2016 6:56 pm

yes took me 2 years to get my head around it gaz but its business you have to be ruthless , i get told all the time my customer service is harsh as fuck , its not i just dont have time for wasters
Loulou
Loulou
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Whippet Fri May 13, 2016 8:40 pm

In general I've found people undervalue 'cheap' services, because they're cheap.

If you're confident in your work and registered, insured etc, why charge less than a shop and why not ask for a deposit.

There are 5 shops in my town (west mids) and I've been studying their artist folios online (normally best work?). I was horrified at 'some' of the shite they put on, not all of course.

Despite the variable quality, no one is tattooing for under £60 an hour. Dunno how much work they have of course.

Don't just cover your costs...get what you're worth. Creativity should not be offered free or knockdown (see Sainsbury's recent balls up on this...shameful!).

Last edited by Whippet on Sat May 14, 2016 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Whippet
Whippet

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddy Boy Sat May 14, 2016 2:55 am

Most, if not all ask for a deposit, even via PayPal in some cases. Could I ask Lou who's mobile & registered, also the guys with registered home studios whether you feel customers treat you differently than they would if you were in the High Street? Me personally, down the line hopefully would operate from home...why not if you have the room/space? I'm sure shop rent & rates ain't cheap, bad enough having a mortgage etc, but having a shop in town would be like paying for two houses lol. I wouldn't like to think that customers would take me less seriously just because I'm not in town, or expect dirt cheap tattoos, but that would be one of my concerns in the future...
Buddy Boy
Buddy Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by gaztred Sat May 14, 2016 8:03 am

I think I definitely get treated differently to a high street shop. Mainly because most of the people I tattoo I know already and have been with me since before I was registered and insured. I do have other customers but still only charge max £20 an hour or fixed price. For any rework or touch up then it's no charge as I feel I should have got it right first time around. Generally I feel that people expect it cheaper because I have a home studio and am not in the high street despite me being able to offer a more unique personal service, much the same as Lou being mobile. There used to be a local fella that was mobile that had a converted caravan. Again all registered and be used to do festivals. Tbh I did not rate his work that much and I think he has stopped and moved to a new trend of barbering. There's also a new shop that's opened 3 miles from me in the last couple of weeks. Seems popular with locals but I guess it's all down to the advertising. I don't do any advertising. I don't even have a Facebook page. However, I did create a wix website but again don't promote it
gaztred
gaztred

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou Sat May 14, 2016 7:38 pm

sadly gaz its just part of the bullshit that goes with the job , i had a good one today , this lad booked a tattoo of a samurai on his thigh , now he is built like a barby doll so this tattoo on his thigh wasnt even very big , anyway to date we have had 4 sittings on it , and every time he taps out , now because he was mate i did one price on it , so very sitting we do now is costing me money , today he messaged me on Facebook demanding a refund because his tattoo isnt finished, i dont think he was expecting me to jump down his throat quite so hard or fast as i did to tear him a new asshole !! but people will take the piss if they think they can
Loulou
Loulou
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddy Boy Sat May 14, 2016 8:13 pm

I'm sure he's had more than his monies worth so far Lou!!
Buddy Boy
Buddy Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou Sat May 14, 2016 8:28 pm

Buddy Boy wrote:I'm sure he's had more than his monies worth so far Lou!!

yes he has buddy , cheeky little fucking rat , his mum is a black belt and apparently going to kick my ass , Laughing Laughing Laughing see how she fares when she is greeted with a 4 by 2
Loulou
Loulou
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddy Boy Sat May 14, 2016 11:34 pm

Lol, make sure you burn a nice design on the 4 by 2 beforehand Very Happy
Buddy Boy
Buddy Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou Sun May 15, 2016 12:33 am

Buddy Boy wrote:Lol, make sure you burn a nice design on the 4 by 2 beforehand Very Happy

hahahahaha yeah something old school
Loulou
Loulou
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gaztred Sun May 15, 2016 9:30 am

If the fella cannot handle the pain and tbh the thighs are a piece of piss compared to other areas like the sturnum and ribs, I know from experience!! Then why not numb up with some Emla? Anything to get you through the pain barrier. I used it on the ribs, sometimes you might get 40 minutes pain free others marginally less or more. However, it took the initial edge off a 3.5 hour lining session on the ribs. You can even buy a 30mg surgical pack but you have to order it from the pharmacy.
gaztred
gaztred

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou Sun May 15, 2016 12:44 pm

gaztred wrote:If the fella cannot handle the pain and tbh the thighs are a piece of piss compared to other areas like the sturnum and ribs, I know from experience!! Then why not numb up with some Emla? Anything to get you through the pain barrier. I used it on the ribs, sometimes you might get 40 minutes pain free others marginally less or more. However, it took the initial edge off a 3.5 hour lining session on the ribs. You can even buy a 30mg surgical pack but you have to order it from the pharmacy.

gaz i managed 2 and half hours on my ribs and i was fucking pregnant !! ididnt know obvious and it was worse than giving birth to be honest , but i stuck it , this guy is just faggot who shouldn't have tattoos
Loulou
Loulou
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddy Boy Mon May 16, 2016 12:01 am

At the end of the day tattoos feckin hurt, some parts of the body more than others...but you just get on with it. When I was getting my sleeve done last year, the inner bicep was a killer, wasn't too far from the armpit....wanted to deck the tattooist! He wouldn't have guessed that it was hurting me, as I just lay there expressionless for 4 or 5hr sessions at a time (the odd piss break inbetween lol)
Buddy Boy
Buddy Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by gaztred Mon May 16, 2016 8:09 am

Yep, the inner bicep pinches a bit for sure. So maybe another thread required. Whats the worst or most painful place you have been tattooed and the easiest?
For me, Ribs were the worst and really strangely enough one of the easiest was inside the belly button. Maybe that was just because I was anticipating it to be shit and it actually was not that bad
gaztred
gaztred

Back to top Go down

Post by marked 4 life Mon May 16, 2016 8:12 am

Ribs, sternum, spine, around the nipple were the worse, i too found the inside belly button easier than I thought, numb even.

marked 4 life

Back to top Go down

Post by gaztred Mon May 16, 2016 9:05 am

hahaha around the nip, yep I felt that pain as well. Sounds like you pretty much covered man?
gaztred
gaztred

Back to top Go down

Post by marked 4 life Mon May 16, 2016 9:40 am

gaztred wrote:hahaha around the nip, yep I felt that pain as well. Sounds like you pretty much covered man?
I do have very heavy coverage, just a few gaps left on the back of my legs that my daughter will be filling in for me, not had my neck or face done yet though.

marked 4 life

Back to top Go down

Post by gaztred Mon May 16, 2016 9:58 am

Same as. Just backs of the legs and arse cheeks (other than the boxer for those from the old forum that remember the story behind that) to do then fully suited to the knees. Unfortunately got diagnosed with diabetes so was recommended not to tattoo below the knees and on the feet. Good job I had my feet done pre the diagnosis.
gaztred
gaztred

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Kid Mon May 16, 2016 4:16 pm

gaztred wrote:What's your hourly rate Lou if you don't mind me asking? Of course tell me to fuck off for being a nosey twat by all means. Max I charge is £20 p/h and that if I even charge.
my $0.02 from business and sales training:

from a business standpoint, you should charge more, exspecially if you have overhead.

people value what they pay higher price for, and after all you are doing artwork on skin for life.

and your focus should be on new customer acquisition and not customer service. customer service is automatic.

if you try to undercut the market with a low price, you will inevitably be dealing with the economic class that is cheap, spontaneous and uncommitted, who think you have less to offer than higher $, an overall headache.

i've seen mobile operations in the hood and everybody wants something for almost nothing.
Ketchup Kid
Ketchup Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum