Best Tattoo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Someone please help!

4 posters

Go down

Someone please help!  Empty Someone please help!

Post by Hollerback Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:28 am

It's been a while since I've been on here, I'm gon a stay on here more often, anyway I became a single dad and had to lay down my machines for a while and just started back a couple months ago, I switched to a spectra edge x and started using fusion and ttech carts, my work is shit! Visible needle marks with my shading,my depth isnt consistent,I'm really slow putting color and shading if it packs in at all,so any advice on how to run the edge and using the give, I also switched to electrum stencil solution and I'm not use to the consistency so any tips on that, it seem like I always put too much on or not enough,thanks guys I really appreciate it

Hollerback

Back to top Go down

Someone please help!  Empty Re: Someone please help!

Post by Dmerit Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:49 am

I have no experience with the spectra at all, maybe you should experiment with stroke lengths and speed,, people use this machine to good effect so it's not the machine causing your problems.
If your colour is not going in solid then I'd try turning up the power and/or slow your hand speed and maybe increase stroke to maximum or close to it and angle that machine..
Dmerit
Dmerit

Back to top Go down

Post by skulltattoo80 Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:49 am

I tried kneehigh's tip on Friday. Hand the needle out more, go in deeper and make sure the machine is angled. I wasn't packing colour but my shading went in faster so so far it worked for me
skulltattoo80
skulltattoo80

Back to top Go down

Post by skulltattoo80 Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:50 am

^^^ hang the needle out
skulltattoo80
skulltattoo80

Back to top Go down

Post by KneeHigh Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:32 am

Really glad to hear that mate... !! Keep at it and youll find the perfect hand movments, depth, angle, stretch etc for you... because theres no such thing as perfect way to do anything ... its just what fits you best... atleast thats how i see it !!

As far as the edge x goes, as Merit said its definetly not the machine ... the machine is really nice for pretty much any sort of aplication... what i found helped in colorwork... is again hanging the needle out more, and dont do large strokes... like lets say 0.5cms either back and forth but diagonaly (like make the needles in that magnum interlap) either circles... But work in very small areea at a time and try to do it in as less layers as posible !!

KneeHigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollerback Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:57 pm

Sorry for the late reply my daughter been real sick, but I'll try using the longer stroke and slowing down, I can tell since I switched my depth has been all over the place and my whites haven't been going in, even when I hang the needle I can't gauge my depth right when I'm using give, and when I use no give everyone that looks at my work still says my depth is off, I always gauged it by vibration from my other hand but don't get that as much with rotarys, I'll try to figure out how to load a pic so you can see what I mean

Hollerback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollerback Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:05 pm

How do you load a pic up?

Hollerback

Back to top Go down

Post by skulltattoo80 Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:30 pm

I think I used photobucket to upload images
skulltattoo80
skulltattoo80

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollerback Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:40 am

Someone please help!  PbucketSomeone please help!  Receiv10
Someone please help!  Receiv10

Last edited by Hollerback on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Hollerback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollerback Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:41 am

Switching to rotarys really threw me off

Last edited by Hollerback on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Hollerback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollerback Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:48 am

My depth is way off! I just started back so my work looks like shit,any help on my depth or any advice would help, it's been over a yr since I tattooed on skin,this was my 2nd one

Hollerback

Back to top Go down

Post by KneeHigh Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:31 am

The skin looks chewed up !! But its not necessary the lenght of the stroke imo... i think its more about how you move your hand (technique) .. you either layer too much to saturate, either stretch too hard and the skin tends to ripp easyer, either you stay too much in one place to saturate and end up with the trauma...
And theres really no much advice anyone could give you untill they see what youre actually doing... but id say its a tryal and error time... pull a line in a certain way, then see how well it goes.. if well, keep doing it untill you perfect it.. if not well :
1.change the hand speed (slow down if you end up with a shaded line, move faster if you end up with blowouts and things like that) you could also adjust the voltage to change the speed of the stroke if you wanna keep a more comfortable speed for your hand...
2. Change the angle you holding the machine
3. Change the depth
4. Change the stretch
Find a balance between things like this and youll find your way of doing that particualr thing...
After you learned the lines move on to the shading... and so on.. i think that way youll understand every aspect of tattooing... rather than taking it all at once and end up with a much longer leaning curve ...

KneeHigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollerback Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:34 am

Thank you for the advice, yeah my stretch hasn't been that great here lately, plus changing everything when I started back probably wasn't the best idea lol, I did another piece tonight and felt a lot more comfortable, I think my main problem is I'm thinking about it to much instead of just relying on what I know,this is the piece I did todaySomeone please help!  20171013
Someone please help!  20171014

Hollerback

Back to top Go down

Post by KneeHigh Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:47 pm

picture is awful, cant see much and still can see that the linework is wonky as hell, color choice again pretty bad considering its a tattoo not a drawing... try a more contrasted image, needs black and darker tones ... you basically struggled alot to pound these tones in and theyr not gonna be there for long... once because of them beeing so light and second because its not propperly packed into the skin !
Id say focus more on smaller traditional tattoos (Thick clean linework, 3-4 colors and loads of black) , try and do them as clean as posible (technically and ofcourse sanitary) and when you feel you started to get the technical aspect of things than you can move on... For now, you basically trying to run before you can walk Razz

KneeHigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum