Best Tattoo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Critical power supply

3 posters

Go down

Critical power supply Empty Critical power supply

Post by easy31st Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:15 pm

I just bought one and it works pretty good. I hooked it up to a multimeter and not even running I got a reading of 1 volt from the end of the clip cord. With power running through at 5v I got a reading of 5.2. As for my hurricane clip cord no power running .1v. 5V read at 4.9 so to me running coils there's only like a .6v difference to where the machines are running at the Same speed and hitting with the Same force. I guess where it's good at is running rotaries.
easy31st
easy31st

Back to top Go down

Critical power supply Empty Re: Critical power supply

Post by Ketchup Kid Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:59 pm

i could be wrong but even the real criticals don't run right with all rotaries, here's an old post from our old forum:

tatscratcharchive

i have a gay ass hurricane clone that ain't worth shit to me... but you use all coils so you should be good.

i thought the Hz and duty was gonna be of use but i don't know what to make of the numbers... i wind up using my regular cheap knob PS.

gotta upgrade soon but i'm gonna stay away from the critical style ones. i seen them at high end shops so they gotta be good for something...
Ketchup Kid
Ketchup Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by easy31st Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:32 pm

The shit runs good the only rotary I use on it was a knock off stealth. My hurricane ran that, and gave away my knock off swashdrive whip because the hurricane wouldn't run it.
easy31st
easy31st

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Kid Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:01 pm

notice i said clone hurricane, which means i have a knockoff of a knockoff now that i think about it. and speaking of knockoffs if you had the same swashdrive whip clone i had, that thing was a cold piece. it literally felt like it came out of a vending machine.

upon looking at your statement again, before you can make that assumption accurately about Same speed and hitting with the Same force at certain voltage readings, you also need to take into account any amperage differance between the PSs also.

power to any electrical device including the coils is measured in wattage which is Volt*Amp. we don't talk about amperage much cuz its fixed and built into the PS and machine, and we only vary the voltage to change the power(wattage) going in the machine.

the hurricane is rated at 2.3A. i'm shopping around now and i see PS with peak amp 6+. idk what the critical is but i think its 4A. i know my cheap knob ps is rated at 2A. higher isn't always better but it costs way more to manufacture higher amperage PS just like in welding the higher the amp welding machine the more $$$.    

i think the amps is one of the digital readouts. if i'm not mistaken, it should remain constant and change only when you hookup a different machine. i'm not saying the two PSs will operate at totally different amps, idk, but i am saying if you want to translate power output between the two you can't ignore the amps. the only way you can make assumptions about hits at a given voltages would have to be for the same power supply or ones that operate at the exact same amps.

aside from tattoo PSs, i know this is universal to all devices powered by electricity.
Ketchup Kid
Ketchup Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by easy31st Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:18 pm

Yeah I didn't pay to much attention to the amperage. The critical has a 6 amp peak but I highly doubt any machine would use more then two. On my hurricane it doesn't read the amps all the time some times it would just show the stl and sometimes it'll go back and forth. The critical shows volts, duty, speed, settle and amperage I've can't say I even seen one of my machines even hit one amp, I'm gonna check that out later when I get out of work.
easy31st
easy31st

Back to top Go down

Post by painkiller Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:21 pm

I used to have a hurricane and I was happy with it despite the fact that I only use rotaries.Until I opened my shop and it didn't handle heavy duty work....it burned! now I got a nemesis by kwadron and its pro quality
painkiller
painkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down